Sunday, April 11, 2010

Foolin' Around

I normally don't do anything for April Fool's day, but the older kids seemed so excited about it and were trying to out-fool each other so much this day, that I tried out a little surprise for them for dinner. I got these recipes from the Family Fun website for Chicken Not-Pie and Colorful Cupcakes. The Chicken pot-pie looking thing is really pudding with cut up candies that look like peas, carrots, and corn. The Cupcakes are really mini shepard's pies with food-colored mashed potatoes on top.


Don't let the smile on Phillip's face fool you, he didn't touch it. Well that's not true, he did touch it and then turned up his nose and went to play with his toys. The other kids thought the pranks were fun and they all really liked the mini shepard's pies (Ryan even took the left-overs to school for lunch a few days in a row-teaching one that you can dress up what is basically meatloaf into a kid-friendly treat). The pudding thing was less of a hit, but it was still fun to do.

4 comments:

Tami said...

Awesome! Your chicken pot pie looks so much like real pot pie. What a fun mom you are!

John and Jenny said...

Ummm...am I am the only one that thought this post's content would be something different?

John and Jenny said...

Sorry, forgot to say...brilliant idea! Good on ya!

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

SO fun! Love it! You are AWESOME! :)