Pizza Cordon Bleu
1 refrigerated pizza dough or 1 prepared pizza crust (or if you're really ambitious, you can make your own)
1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups fresh button mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 cup sour cream
1 cup bite-sized cooked chicken chunks
1 cup bite-sized cooked ham chunks
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1. Preheat oven to the temp. specified on the pizza crust pkg
2. Place onion and mushroom slices in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high about 3 minutes.
3. Stir mustard and sour cream together and spread evenly over the crust. Sprinkle the chicken and ham pieces evenly over the crust.
4. Remove veggies from microwave and drain off any liquid. Distribute evenly over the pizza. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
5. Bake following directions on the package until the cheese has melted and the crust is done to desired crispiness.
Notes:
-Next time I might try red onions instead of white. Also, I wonder if it would taste just as good if I put the onions and mushroom on raw before baking or if I have to cook them in the microwave first (potential time-saving step).
-To make it more kid friendly, I only put the onions and mushrooms on half.
-Not only did I think this was yummy, but all of my kids (well those that actually eat anything besides chicken nuggets and cereal----Yes, Phillip, I'm talkin' to you!) liked it too. Ryan even had seconds...now that's a keeper.
No comments:
Post a Comment