Wednesday, April 1, 2009

February in Review

I've got a lot of catching up to do. I can't believe how long it's been since my last post. I've been pretty busy with PTO stuff, young womens, and I've recently been sucked into the wonderful world of facebook. So, in an effort to catch up and not bore with too many details, here is a quick rundown of our February:

February 14 - Valentine's Day
Valentine's day was a lot of fun. We had yummy banana crepes for breakfast and of course our traditional fondue for dinner with the kids.

February 19 - New Beginnings
Our young women did a great job for New Beginnings this year. Aren't they adorable? We had a great theme of "America's Next Top Values" and the girls all got to get dressed up, walk the "red carpet" and talk about the importance of the young women values. Such a great night!


February 20 - St. Louis Symphony


I got to go with Ryan on his 2nd grade class field trip to the St. Louis Symphony. It was really awesome and Ryan's favorite part was when they played the Harry Potter theme music. Another favorite part was getting to dress up. One of the little girls in his class was overheard telling another classmate: "Did you see Ryan? He looks like a workin' man!"

February 27th - Sophie's 11th Birthday!
Waking Sophie up with breakfast in bed.

Opening up presents - How do you like all our bed heads?

Gramma Joan and Papa Doug got to be here to celebrate.

Birthday cake of choice-fruit pizza!

Sophie, you continue to be such a blessing to all of us. You love to swim and are really great at it. You have improved so much this year and it has become something that you really love. You got the award for "Most Inspirational" on your swim team this year and it's no wonder. You are an inspiration! You have adjusted so well to life with diabetes, you are an example to all of us of having a positive attitude and not letting things get you down. You are such a huge help to me and I really love the time we spend together. Happy Birthday, babe. We love you!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That food looks WONDERFUL!!! I remember your fruit pizzas from back in the day. They were so yummy!

Your YW's group looks like so much fun. I wish we had more youth up this way. I am YW president here and we currently have four active girls...

Melanie said...

Wow! 11 years old?? Time is going so quickly.