One of the things I love about being a mother, is seeing the traditions that my kids love and look forward to. One of those is our birthday breakfasts in bed. We did it in my family growing up and now all of my kids look forward to it each time someone's birthday roles around. They fight over who gets to hold the plate, or the juice, or light the candle, etc. Sometimes that part of it tires me out, but then I realize that I like that they all like to do those things and that they get excited about them. I would rather they have that desire than apathy and not wanting to do it at all. So, thank you guys, for wanting to bring me breakfast in bed and wanting to make me feel special all day long. I love you!

A fun part of the day was when the girls and I went and got pedicures. I love them and don't get them very often, so it was fun to get pampered and to share it with my girls. I hope they take their girls to get pedis one day too. Don't our toes look pretty?

Look at the beautiful fruit pizza that Sophie and Dave made for me. I was so impressed with how well it turned out. I was fine with a store bought cake (or really no cake at all, because let's be honest, have you seen my hips?), but Sophie was adamant about making one for me, and she wanted it to be a fruit pizza (talk about labor intensive). Not only does it look amazing, but it tasted even better, and my hips loved every minute of it.

3 comments:
You deserve all that and more! You are such an amazing woman, mother, friend, and daughter of our Father in Heaven. I know that when you wake up, Satan is truly disappointed that such a strong and valiant woman is ready to do the Lord's work! I miss you my friend!
You also look hot!
Happy Birthday Kim! I love all your recent photos, especially the one with the Lincolns. You all are so annoyingly photogenic.
Hope Dave is having a smooth getting settled period at his new job. We must Skype so the brothers can talk sometime.
All our love
Kathy Brian and Bea
Post a Comment