Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thankful Thursday

So I stole this idea from a friend of mine (Thanks Jen!) but I love it so much that I thought I had to implement it in my life/blog. Every Thursday I want to mention a few things that I am Thankful for in my life. Some might be profound and deep (get your tissues handy) while others might be simple, bordering on silly. But hey, I guess it doesn't take much to float my boat and don't all of the little things add up to the big things (or something like that)?

So, without further ado, here is my first installment:

1. The guy at Arby's tonight. Not only did I get hot, steaming curly fries fresh out of the boiling lard, but as I was watching him fill up my soda, he kept skimming off the foam at the brim, then topping it off until it was filled all the way to the top. Brad, you're the man!

2. That even though I really, really, really, REALLY was not in the mood to read scriptures tonight with the kids, I DID!

3. That Phillip will now give me unprovoked hugs and kisses, big slobbery wet ones.

4. Knowing that after I put the kids to bed there is a new episode of Project Runway on the DVR to watch.

5. Big girls who will put my little guy to bed for me (so I can go out and get Arby's curly fries).

6. That Sophie still likes me. Not only does she not mind being in public with me, but SHE asks to go do stuff with ME. Please never turn 13?

7. That the mouse setting up shop in my garage has not made its way into my house---yet.

8. Deodorant (and other people that use it-I went on my mission to France and rode many a crowded bus and subway-need I say more?)

9. That after a VERY long week, Dave is coming home tomorrow (*wink).

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOVE Project Runway!

I need to do this again. Thanks for reminding me.

Tami said...

What a great idea! I love this post. I too enjoy Project Runway. I am thankful for you! You are such a blessing to me! Love ya!

J and J Haroldsen said...

You are one lucky lady! Glad you get your husband home for a day or two. I'm thankful for you!!!!