Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bananas in Need Make Great Bread Indeed!


I'm really good at buying bananas for my family to eat (probably because they're always quite cheap at Costco), and in turn we're really good at letting them sit and sit and ripen to the point of not wanting to eat them anymore. We really do eat most fruits quite well, but for some reason this happens more often than not with bananas. I don't think my family enjoys eating them as much as Dave and I enjoy buying them.

Instead of throwing them out, I've found the BEST BANANA BREAD recipe EVER. If you like banana bread, you're going to love this. It is so moist and melts in your mouth. The only down side is that it's so good, it doesn't ever last very long.

Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

1/2 c butter, at room temp.
1 c sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 c flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 c mashed bananas
1/2 c sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
choc. chips

Directions:
Cream butter and sugar; add eggs. Add the rest of the ingredients in order (except for chocolate chips) in mixer. Pour into greased mini bread pans--about 3-4 (or two regular-sized). Sprinkle chips on top and slightly push down until mildly covered with batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cover with foil and bake an additional 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

1 comment:

Suze said...

Looks awesome! I'll have to try it.