Thursday, July 14, 2011

Vegas Baby!

I love getting to spend time with my family.  It's the best.  This year my sister, Kristin and I thought it would be fun to get our girls together over the summer for a week or so.  Sophie and Kennadi are only two months apart in age and Maddie and Kami are only 1 month apart, so they really enjoy being together.  Since we live so far away from each other, times that they actually get to do this are few and far between.

Thanks in part to the girls each earning 1/2 of their tickets and frequent fly-er miles (I guess there really are some perks to Dave traveling as much as he does), we were able to fly out to Las Vegas where my sister and her family live.  Originally just the girls were going to fly out, but as we started thinking about the logistics of flying two underage girls by themselves, one of them having diabetes, Dave suggested that I tag along too.  Well, ok, if you insist!

We had such a fun and relaxing week and my other sister, Nenn (so her name is really Jennifer, but when nieces and nephews started coming along and learning to speak, it morphed) got to come out from Utah and spend a few days with us too.

We got to eat, play games, eat, get pedicures, see some sights on the Las Vegas Strip (one of them being a nice pole dancing show as we were making our way from the parking garage, through the Caesar's Palace to The Belagio fountains.  Do I hear "mother of the year" anyone?), eat, shop, swim, relax, and eat some more.  What more could you ask for?
 Enjoying dessert at "Serendipity"

Can you say "spray tan"?

At the fountains in front of The Belagio 
(Left to Right: Jake, Kacey, Sophie, Kennadi, Jordan, Kami, Maddie, and Nenn)

Putting the finishing touches on our delicious 4th of July dessert

Riding "X-Scream" on top of the Stratosphere

Sophie and Kennadi making a break for it

This ride is called "Insanity".  It swings away from the building and spins you around mid air. 

 Getting ready to be catapulted up in the "Big Shot"

Me and my sis at the top of the Stratosphere

1 comment:

Tami said...

What a great trip! I love these pictures!