Dear Ryan,
Thanks for being such a good sport today. It's our first day of the movers packing up the house and so we did a lot of the traditional birthday things over the weekend. You had your breakfast in bed and got to open presents yesterday morning. The present you wanted most this year was a bow and arrow and you actually got to open that last week. Normally we don't let you open presents early, but since we're moving, we didn't want to give you something that was going to have to be packed up right away.
You were so excited to play with it. Even though we've had 100+ degree heat, you quickly went outside to play with your new prized possession. You just as quickly lost both of the arrows that came with your set. Thankfully we got you some more arrows that you opened up yesterday, and have since lost one of them. I can see this is going to be an expensive hobby....
You have definitely made an impact in our time here in St. Louis. Everywhere I go, people come up to me and tell me how impressed they are with you. At school, at church, at the swim team, you name it, you are a positive influence on those around you. I'm so proud of you. You are such a great kid. You really are. Always remember that. There will be people who will want to bring you down in your life. Don't listen to them. There will be times that try you, don't let those times define you. Always remember the greatness that is in you. Not only have you been such a great influence on people here, but you will continue to do great things and motivate and inspire people in Colorado. They are going to be so lucky to have you, I know I am!
Love always,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment