The animals appreciated the warm weather too and showed off for us a little bit, instead of just lying there motionless. It's always tricky to explain to a three year old: "See that rock over there? It's actually a sleeping (fill in the blank). No really, it's a living, breathing thing-trust me. Isn't that so fun to see? Aren't you glad we came here?" I'm sure they needed to stretch their legs after being curled up in fetal position all winter trying to keep warm (oh, that was just me?). Anyway, thank you animals one and all for cooperating this visit.
So excited to see some blooms. It's the Doug Chapman in me coming out. I know this doesn't seem too impressive, but we had a very LONG and COLD winter, so we'll take what we can get.
Walking back to our car we stopped off at the ever popular "Turtle Park". My kids love this place. Lots of cool larger-than-life turtles for the kids to climb over, in, on, and around.
1 comment:
What a fun day! I love spring and I really miss those Texas summers and warmth.
Post a Comment