My boys are growing up. My sweet momma-
lovin' boys. That's good, right? When Ryan was a baby he fit in the crook of my arm. This morning as I hugged him I could rest my chin on the top of his head. I know it won't be long before he'll be resting his chin on my head.
Ryan and Maddie have been biking to school. During the first week, Ryan was perfectly content to ride his sister's old bike which although pink and turquoise, fit him much better than the new bike he just got for his birthday. Oh how kids will tease though and after several "Nice, pink bike" comments (meanies), he decided to try to master the bigger bike.

I'm so proud of him. This was scary for him. It's hard to see your kids struggle with scary things. You just want to go help them. The struggle is what makes us all stronger though, right? Now if he could just learn to "properly" brush his own teeth, tie his shoes (instead of pulling them on and off), and blow his nose (instead of sniff, sniff, sniffing--darn that asthma), we'd really be getting somewhere. I keep reminding him that he does NOT want to have to take me on his mission with him to do these things.

Phillip got to go to his first day of lunch bunch today. Once a week he goes to his preschool for the WHOLE day and gets to eat lunch there. He has been waiting and waiting and waiting for this day to come. He got a brand new "Cars" lunch box that he's been toting around the house for weeks now. As soon as he woke up this morning he packed his lunch:
(top compartment)

(bottom compartment)
2 comments:
I love Phillip's idea of a healthy lunch. Was he unable to find your chocolate stash?
Ok you made me cry. Was it the struggle of growing up, the picture that looked like missionaries on their bike, or having a day to yourself. Mine will be in a week. You are such a great mom! Love you!
Post a Comment