Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thankful Thursday

It's definitely one of those days where I REALLY need to sit back and think of my blessings because I'm so exhausted and quite frankly, cranky, that the silver lining isn't exactly staring me right in the face. My kids are even noticing it because earlier tonight Ryan kept trying to say something to me while we were in the car and I was in such a zombie state that Maddie finally said to him: "I don't think mom feels very good".

This week I am thankful for:

1. A good duet:

2. Finally finishing Maddie's Halloween costume (she is going to be "Jessie" from the Toy Story movies). If you look very closely you will be able to see blood, sweat, and tears:

3. Rolling down a good hill:

4. That the three older kids all wanted to participate in the "Turkey Trot" (1 mile race) this year, hosted by the local High School. Yes, I know it's not even Halloween yet, let alone Thanksgiving...maybe they wanted to take advantage of the good weather? Who knows, but I'm proud of them. All three of them were amazing. Way to set a goal and follow through!


5. The best "Turkey Trot" spectators you could ask for:

6. Seeing how much my parents love my kids!

I feel better already!

2 comments:

Tami said...

Way to go on the Jesse costume! It is awesome! How fun to have your parents there. You are awesome. See how long your bad mood lasts, 3 seconds. :-) You are always so positive and upbeat.

Britta said...

I could swear your mom was in my dream last night, but I didn't know it was her. Weirdness to the extreme.

The costume and the cake are incredible! Man, I should be more crafty. I'm lucky if I even get out paints for Emmaline!