Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Switzerland, Day 2 - Old Stomping Grounds

Sunday, May 15th

This morning Dave and I went into the city to go to church. Dave was excited to listen to the meeting in German to see how much would come back to him from his days in the mission field in Germany. When we got there, however, we realized that the branch we attended was 75% English speaking. They still conducted the meeting in German, but they had headsets we could listen to with a translator interpreting. It was great - Dave got to listen in German, and I got to listen in English.

After church we met up with Brian and Kathy and went around to all of the places I remembered when I lived in Switzerland as a child.

My old house

A restaurant our family would go to sometimes (The Gambrinus, or as we called it, "The Chicken place"). It's still there!


The school I went to. It's a beautiful old mansion converted into a school. When I was there it was called "The International Primary School of Zurich". Now it is called Z.I.S. (Zurich International School)

We stayed at the Hotel Alexander for over a month when we first moved to Switzerland before our house was ready to move into. We got quite comfortable with the staff and the restaurants. Unfortunately when we went back it was closed for renovations.

Brian was so sweet to remember that one of my memories was of eating these cream corns and he bought some for us to enjoy on the train. YUM!

No comments: