Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Switzerland, Day 6 - Lauterbrunnen

Thursday, May 19th

Today we went to Lauterbrunnen in the Jungfrau region. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED this area. It was so beautiful. If I ever get the chance to go back, I would love to spend more than one day here.

This is right by the train station as we began our hike
For the first part of our hike Kathy and Claire came with us, but we soon ran out of paved trail. You can see how steep a climb it is.

I never get tired of shots of Dads holding hands with their kids

One of our many spectacular views along the way
We crossed so many beautiful water falls and streams like this one that I lost count.
Kathy and Brian and Claire met us up at the top (they took the Gondola and train after the trail would not accommodate the stroller) and walked with us the last of the way.

Enjoying a delicious lunch at a quaint restaurant at the top in the little city of Murren

Enjoying the view at the top

No comments: