Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Michigan Trip, Part 1 - Midland

We just got back from such a fun trip to Michigan this summer. The first part of our trip was up in Midland (where Dave and I both grew up and his parents still live). The second part was in South Haven which is on the western side of the state. Here are some of the highlights of the Midland portion:

Ryan got to have an early birthday celebration with Gramma Joan and Papa Doug complete with Harry Potter Lego's and a Harry Potter birthday cake.

I just love going to Dow gardens every time we are in Midland. I'm not quite sure why though, because it just reconfirms to me how incapable I am of growing anything remotely this beautiful. But I do love these Black-eyed Susans.

Enjoying a walk through Whiting Forest

Dave consoling Phillip after he picked up a dead skunk on the path in Whiting Forest. We're still not sure what freaked him out more; the dead skunk, or his mother's subsequent scream while witnessing the rodent being flung through the air by her two-year old.


What trip to Midland would be complete without a visit to the old stomping grounds? For those of you interested, this is indeed 413 Chapel Lane (a.k.a. the house in which I grew up). I hardly recognize it now. There's been an addition put on as well as a new paint job. The double windows on the right (with the decorative star in between) used to be the garage and the current garage didn't even exit. Lots of memories in that old house!

1 comment:

J and J Haroldsen said...

WOW!! I definitely wouldn't recognize that place!! It looks really pretty though. Nice to know that someone loves it just as much as we did.