I love this country. I feel so blessed to live here and to have the freedoms that I do. I know that there are so many things I take for granted by living here, so it's nice to have a day to sit back and really count my blessings.
We had a very busy 4th of July. It actually started on the 3rd of July because our good friends, the Rodaboughs, were heading out of town and Ryan REALLY wanted to do something with them before they left, so we had a cookout and then let off some fireworks (my kids' favorite part). The next morning we went to the O'Fallon city parade with the Hoyts. That was a lot of fun and the kids got a huge candy haul. We also had lunch at the Hoyts with bunch of people followed by swimming at their subdivision pool (I took Phillip home during this time for a much needed nap--That kid can really wear himself out trying to run away from you all of the time). That evening everyone in the ward was invited over to the Young's house for a great barbecue. We capped off the evening by finishing off the rest of our fireworks back at our house. We didn't actually go a fireworks show, but I think the kids had more fun doing their own. Maybe next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment