Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunny Sunday


I love Sundays. It is our Sabbath and we try to make the day different from the rest of the week. For this reason, on Sunday, we do not participate in sports, go to parties, swim, shop, or many other things that we might normally do during the week. We do go to church and we do spend time together as a family. I like that it is different. It helps us to reflect on our Savior, Jesus Christ and grow closer to him. It helps our family grow closer to each other. The kids do not play with other friends on this day, but they do play with each other and these are some of my happiest memories of my kids: playing with each other. During the week, their time gets swallowed up with school and homework and friends and swimming, and piano, to name a few, but on Sundays they don't have much of a choice but to enjoy their time together. I've woken up some Sunday mornings to hearing them playing together activities ranging from Barbies to Legos to Littlest Pet Shop to coloring. When the weather is nice, they also enjoy playing out in our back yard. It doesn't always happen, but when it does I love that for the moment they love being with each other.

No comments: