Sophie was SO excited to go to camp. This is her first year going. The best part for her was probably getting ready for camp. Here is her camp bucket after we spray painted the zebra stripes. They use these buckets to store snacks, treats, and such because they're water proof and raccoon-proof (lovely thought, I know).
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Camping is Not For Wimps
I'm feeling somewhat guilty writing this post in the comfort of my air-conditioned home. You see I just got back from visiting the young women at girls camp. Even though I was just released from my calling, I promised the girls I would go see the cute skit they prepared for camp. It was so HOT (the weather, not the skit, although the skit was great- the best one of the night-and I'm not at all biased). The temperature in my car said 84 degrees when I got back home and that was well after midnight, not to mention the insane humidity that is out there right now. Those girls are troopers.
Sophie was SO excited to go to camp. This is her first year going. The best part for her was probably getting ready for camp. Here is her camp bucket after we spray painted the zebra stripes. They use these buckets to store snacks, treats, and such because they're water proof and raccoon-proof (lovely thought, I know).
Here's her bucket after adding the cushion on top for sitting on around the campfire. Look at the enthusiasm on her face. When I went to visit tonight, the heat, humidity, and the exhaustion from a full-day's activities had somewhat stripped her face of that initial excitement. Hopefully a good night's 80+ degree sleep will get her up to form again for tomorrow.
Sophie was SO excited to go to camp. This is her first year going. The best part for her was probably getting ready for camp. Here is her camp bucket after we spray painted the zebra stripes. They use these buckets to store snacks, treats, and such because they're water proof and raccoon-proof (lovely thought, I know).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow - I hear ya sister. It's hot here too. Unusually hot for Switzerland from what I've heard.
Love the bucket Sophie! I hope the rest of your camp time is a blast.
Cute bucket!
She looks so much older. So cute! I love the bucket! What a great opportunity you had to serve those young women. They were so blessed to have you!
Oh, go Sophie. I hope she does just absolutely love it!!!
I want to make my own bucket now! So Cool!
That is the cutest, most comfiest bucket I ever did see!
This was definitely one of the cutest buckets at camp. :)
Post a Comment