Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Like, Fer-Sure!!!

Last Friday night Sharla and I hosted an 80's themed murder mystery dinner party. It was hilarious. I of course love any excuse to get together and eat food, but throw in some 80's nostalgia, games, friends, and lots of laughs and it's a night to remember!

Here are the Characters:

"Nork from Pork" and "Polly Abdool" (Mork from Ork and Paula Abdul) a.k.a Billy and Crystal (seriously-- Billy and Crystal-- you can't make this stuff up.) Hunter. Love the rainbow suspenders and lace tights!
"Debbie Gribson" and "Danny Son" (Debbie Gibson and The Karate Kid) a.k.a. Lacey and Ryan Lenahan
"Nozzy Nosborne" and "Fadonna" (Ozzy Osborne and Madonna) a.k.a. Gerard and Tracey Gonthier
"Toni Oregano" and "Alligator Dundee" (Toni Basil - the one that sings the song "Micky" and Crocodile Dundee) a.k.a. Sharla and Shane Hoyt
"Lyndi Lauper" and "Wee Pee Vermon" (Cyndi Lauper and Pee Wee Herman) a.k.a. Me and Dave
These two costumes were so great. Dave found this "suit" (not matching pants and suit coat, but close enough) at Goodwill. We hair-spray-painted his hair jet black, we borrowed the red bow-tie from some friends and he added a lovely touch of red lipstick-perfect. Shane's costume was quite impressive too. He painted candy corns white to look like crocodile teeth and then affixed them to the top of his hat.
Everyone had to tape a piece of paper with an object to their forehead and go around the room asking "yes" or "no" questions until they could guess their object. Playing movie trivia.
We split up into two teams and made up a 30 second dance to the fabulous 80's hit: "Another one bites the dust". Here's the first team doing a variation of the robot.
Here's our team and while it looks like we're either suffering from constipation or back problems, we're actually striking a well-choreographed pose!
Playing charades. Billy (um, I mean Mork, um I mean Nork) did a great job getting us to guess "The Nightmare on Elm Street". You can almost see the Freddy Krueger-like claws.
The victim. Poor Alligator Dundee was bludgeoned to death by that pesky Rubik's cube. It just so happened that by the end of the night I found out I was the culprit. He totally had it coming...
To cap off the evening we decided to don our apparel in public. We went to Steak 'n Shake (a very crowded Steak 'n Shake) for dessert. Needless to say we turned a few heads.
Viva la 80's. Well maybe not so much.

6 comments:

Tami said...

LOVE the pics. Of course you would throw such an amazing party!

John and Jenny said...

I am so jealous. How I wish we lived closer.

r.l.secor said...

that is hillarious!!!! fun play on all the names and everyones costumes were amazing...thx for sharing it!

KPtheMom said...

You are so cool! Sadly, the costumes didn't look like costumes at all to me--just different versions of my favorite high school looks. I wish I had a sister like you! Oh, wait, I do! I'm so lucky--now if I only lived closer...

J and J Haroldsen said...

Wow, I didn't know people did stuff like this. That's hilarious. I don't think I could ever get Joe in a pee wee herman costume. Awesome Dave!

Suze said...

What a great party idea! Looks like so much fun! :)