Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Chicago - Day 1

We decided that on this trip to Chicago, we would give our kids the experience of riding on a train. It went pretty well, but was longer than I anticipated and Phillip didn't quite comprehend the concept of staying in his seat.












When we got to the city we met up with Kathy and Bea and toured the city. First stop was the Sears tower (now known as the Willis tower). Here's a view from the newly opened "Ledges" which are see-through boxes you can walk out on and see all the way down. A little freaky.







Here's a view of the city from the top of the Willis Tower - Breathtaking!















In front of the "Bean". I've been to Chicago before and seen this before, but forgot how cool it was. The kids loved going up to it and seeing their reflections and posing and making funny faces.












We capped the day off with a visit to the Art Institute of Chicago.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! You're back! I keep checking back thinking "she is going to update it eventually". I love all the pictures...you guys have been busy.

We have taken our kids to Chicago a couple of times, but I need to take them to the "Bean" as well. They would have a great time with that. And I don't think I can ever get use to calling it Willis Tower...but I like the new ledges, but you won't catch me on those anytime soon!

That is awesome that you are taking piano. Way to go! And I LOVE the pictures of Ryan dancing. Chapman through and through. :) I can't wait for more updates.

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
No More Crawling Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Rapidly Find Movies, Console Games, MP3 Singles, Software & Download Them @ Alarming Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet Search[/B][/URL]