Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Happiest Place on Earth....Except When it Wasn't

When we decided to go to Disney World and Universal Studios, and were looking at the prices for park passes we realized that the more days you went, the cheaper they got. So, in our infinite wisdom, Dave and I thought more is better. We got passes to go to the parks every day that we were in Florida (not including travel days).

The older kids were on board and although pooped at the end of each day, liked the excitement of it all. Phillip...not so much. We're talking about a 4-year old who likes his routine. So not only had we taken him away from his friends and preschool and his pillow, etc., but we were running him ragged. I know that he had a lot of fun on our trip, but some days, the tired factor took over and we had a few melt-downs. Here are a couple of them:

Upon entering the Animal Kingdom on our second day and as the older kids were rushing to their favorite ride (Expedition Everest), Phillip got a little frustrated with the hectic pace and declared:

"I HATE THIS PLACE! I WANT TO GO HOME!"

Sit-down strike:


Can't remember the impetus for this one, but another time he stated quite boldly "This place is HIDEOUS!"

One morning we had this little heart to heart:

Phillip: Mom, do we go to Disney World all the time?

Me: No, Disney is really special, it's not something we get to do very often.

Phillip: Then why, EVERY morning do we go there?

Me: Speechless

So, I guess next time I now know to slow down the pace a little bit. Maybe take a day or two in between park days to just relax, go to the pool, do some shopping, or whatever, and just breathe.

3 comments:

Amie Orton said...

oh my i have tears for laughing at Phillip right now. He may be the funniest child on the planet. He really really hits my funny boy!
so jealous of your disney world trip! But looove how you did the whole tree and surprise. Totally will be copying you someday... in the far future. But someday!

Amie

Unknown said...

hi!
philip is like my sonn, andrius! he's 5 now and they have the same acts...cute!

Anonymous said...

We’ve a bit of difficulty to subscribe the rss, in any event I’ve book marked this great site, is quite useful plus filled with informations..