Temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are sacred structures in which questions such as "Where did I come from? Why am I here? Where am I going? What is my relationship to my Maker? Will death rob me of the treasured associations of life? What of my family? Will there be another existence after this, and, if so, will we know one another there?" are answered. Each is dedicated as a house of the Lord, a place of holiness and peace shut apart from the world. There truths are taught and ordinances are performed that bring knowledge of things eternal and motivate the participants to live with an understanding of our divine inheritance as children of God and an awareness of our potential as eternal beings.
I got to go to the temple today with my hubby. I'm glad I went. I need to go more. I live so close to ours that I really have no excuse to not go more. It was a great day; beautiful inside the temple and out. These are some things about the temple for which I am so grateful:1. That we live so close to one. It is right off of the highway about 25 minutes from our house. We drive by it often. Every time we do Dave invariably says "Doot de de dooooo" (imagine a trumpet sound, for the angel Moroni--holding a trumpet that is atop the temple).
2. The patrons and workers are all so friendly and welcoming. I don't know a place where you will see more smiling faces. One of the ladies there said to me "I'm so glad to be with you today". I don't know her. I don't know if I will ever see her again, but just her saying that made me feel really good.
3. Quiet introspection. It is so peaceful inside the temple. No superfluous noises or distractions.
4. Being able to reflect upon my covenants with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and giving someone else who has passed on from this life the opportunity to accept these covenants and blessings for themselves.
5. Always learning something new every time I go. I love getting little epiphanies about aspects of the gospel that I didn't realize before. It is a perfect setting to receive personal revelation from a God who loves me, knows me and my circumstances, and wants to guide me and help me succeed in mortality.
6. Whenever I leave I have a renewed sense of what is important. My priorities come more clearly into focus. I want to be a better, kinder, more patient mother, wife, friend, and driver on the highway.
1 comment:
Beautiful post! I love the temple. Wish we could go together next week. :-)
Post a Comment