Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Some random ones this week:

1. Getting to go to the midnight showing of the new Harry Potter movie tonight. I realize I might have a different tune tomorrow when I'm super sleep-deprived, but it will be fun to be with some friends and my hubby. Not normally a night owl these days. I think the last time I did a midnight show was when Jurassic Park came out. Yes, I am getting old.

2. Having a daughter that is old enough so that I can go to the midnight show and leave her in charge.

3. Dental hygiene. I went to the dentist today. I have really bad gums (thanks, Dad) and have to go in 4 times a year now for "special" cleanings. Hopefully it will prevent me from having to have some of the procedures my Dad has endured. I'm grateful to live in a country that values oral health and grateful for dental insurance that helps pay for it. Oh, and those cool little "sucky" things that gets rid of all the extra saliva accumulating in your mouth. Those are cool.

4. That the mouse living in my garage STILL has not made his way into my house. For awhile I thought that he had moved on, but those hopes were dashed when Maddie recently found a mouse dropping in one of her tennis shoes. YUCK. I'm starting to itch now. I've also been delegating more trips to the extra fridge and freezer (in the garage) to my kids.

5. Finally finding a good cherry crisp recipe to use up all the pie cherries that have been hanging out in my freezer (in the garage....) since I bought them over a year ago. It's a keeper.

6. People who comment on my blog. Who doesn't need a little validation?

6 comments:

Hilary Chaney said...

Bad gums, me too. Don't get taken by an overzealous dentist! Cherry crisp? Love it and I have a great berry cobbler recipe. Come by my blog sometime...http://graduatingfromgod.blogspot.com/

Kara and Chant said...

How was Harry Potter? And amen to validation!

Tami said...

So how was the movie? I am reading Harry Potter right now. Can you believe it? I know, you are in shock, right. I am on book 4. Elisabeth and Austin are reading book 3. They are fun. :-)

Sarah said...

I miss you, Kim!! You're great!!

John and Jenny said...

Can I ditto someone on your blog? If so...Ditto (Sarah). Come and visit. Please.

KPtheMom said...

Better late than never to leave a comment right? After talking with you last night I decided to catch up on your blog so I could get more of your wisdom. You never disappoint! You are such a good mom with such great perspective. You teach me so much about love and patience. I love you!