Monday, March 26, 2012

Ryan's First Soccer Game

This past Saturday started a new soccer season for the boys.  Phillip's game was scheduled bright and early at 8:20.  So we got up, shoved down some breakfast and headed out the door.  As soon as we drove into the parking lot we realized something was up.  There wasn't a soul there.  I hadn't even thought of checking the rain-out schedule because we hadn't had rain for a few days, but sure enough, they deemed Phillip's side of the complex too wet to play on.  You couldn't have seen a sadder boy.  We're talking real tears here.  What made it worse was when we drove across the bridge separating the two sets of soccer fields, and saw that the other fields, being slightly higher in elevation were still playable.  So while Phillip's game was canceled, Ryan still got to play a couple of hours later.

It was the first time I got to use the larger zoom lens on our camera and I had so much fun.  One of these days, I'm going to actually take a photography class and learn to take some really good pictures, but thank goodness I have a nice camera that makes up for user error.  I still think they turned out pretty great, plus the subject matter is pretty fun to look at too :)





1 comment:

Suze said...

that's cute! looks fun.

hope you had a happy birthday!